Sunday, June 15, 2008

Taylor Frey

In my last post I mentioned the name of the young man that played Link Larkin in Hairspray and I thought that he actually deserved his very own post instead of just being mentioned once. Obviously from the pictures, you can tell that he is a very good looking guy, but he is also very talented. The first notes that he sang had me hooked. This boy can act, sing and dance like no one else. I love musical theater so much and was very fortunate enough to see the original Broadway cast of Hairspray when I was in New York about 5 years ago, but let me tell you, that in my opinion, Taylor did much better than Matthew Morrison who was the original on Broadway and better than Zac Efron in the musical movie version. There is a song from the musical called "It Takes Two" and unfortunately, it wasn't in the film version, but it is my favorite song from the play and when Taylor sang it, I about melted in my seat. He was incredible. I wanted to post about him because I think in the very near future we are going to hear a lot about him. I predict that he will be winning Tony's, Grammy's and Oscar's very soon. I would so buy an album from him right now if he had one out. He was just amazing. So keep an eye out for him because like I said, he is going to be a HUGE star. Keep up the great work Taylor!

2 comments:

J.Frey said...

Hey Lnzy, what a small world! It is crazy that you found our blog. As you can tell, we are big Taylor Frey fans as well. It is so fun to see him "make it." I agree, I think that we will see a lot more of him! He is talented! Thanks for commenting on out blog. As you probably noticed, out blog has a link to Taylor's blog and website if you want to keep updtated on what he is up to!

Taylor & Kamille said...

Wow Lindsey! This was the first time I was able to check out your post! I am completely flattered and wish all of that were true. Its nice to have someone rooting for you! I will definitely keep you posted. :) Thanks for coming!